In winter, we have heavy snow in the mountains of the Hokuriku region. When the snow melts, water streams down the mountains and this pure water flows into the valley. People began living around this beautiful water. That is how Ono was born.
It is severely cold in Ono City in the winter. The entire city is covered with snow and snow plows are hard at work. You can enjoy winter sports in Ono, such as skiing,though it is still a difficult place to live during this season.
However, when spring comes, Ono becomes a very comfortable city. Snow that has covered the mountains and entire city melts, and this melted snow becomes spring water, flowing back into the city.
This spring water called “Shozu” provides the city with rich blessings.Spring water provides most of the water necessary for everyday life such as cooking, laundry, and bathing.
This water brings both difficulties and blessings.Facing both of them, people in Ono City have been adjusting their lives to the cycle of the water. Warlords during the period when the states were at war also enjoyed drinking “Shozu.” Tasty taro and Japanese buckwheat are produced and have become local specialties.The natural features and local culture that have been fostered with this water are beautiful and graceful just like the water itself.
Ono’s power fostered by water is now flowing into new places. From Ono City to the world, we want to convey and carry the water’s power, as well as the appreciation for water.This effort is called the Carrying Water Project.
Everything begins with a little stream.
Little stream after little stream gradually grows into a flow of a river.
Let’s connect the world powerfully and freely.
The Carrying Water Project now begins.
- The Second Gathering “Let’s talk about Ono Pure Water and Future” Report
- Released The Support Project for UNICEF's Water Programs in Timor Leste. Field Reports
- Released introduction page of the School of Water
- “Let’s talk about Ono’s Pure Water and Future” Report
- Released the menu introduction page of Ono Pure Water Restaurant
- Released the concept page of Ono Pure Water Restaurant
- Carrying Water Project × 2016 Echizen Ono Meisui Marathon report
- Carrying Water Project × 2016 Echizen Ono Meisui Marathon Public announcement
- “Echizen Ono Winter Story” Report
- Report on the joint press conference: Partnership with Japan Committee for UNICEF Details
- “Mizu no Megumin” profile page now available.
- Carrying Water Project Town Meeting Report
- Carrying Water Project×Unicef page now available.